Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fwd: Lord have mercy on me My Mom

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Beth Hendrix" <bhendrix@hdins.com>
Date: May 1, 2012 3:57 PM
Subject: Lord have mercy on me My Mom
To: "Bobby Simms" <bsimms@hdins.com>, "Crystal Levey" <clevey@hdins.com>, "Cliff Fortenberry" <cfortenberry@hdins.com>, "Jeff Osborn" <josborn@hdins.com>, "Larry Philliber" <larryp@hdins.com>, "laura shrewsbury" <lauras@hdins.com>, "Lee Daniel" <ldaniel@hdins.com>, <mary@hdins.com>, "Meg Stover" <mstover@hdins.com>, "Richard Daniel" <rdaniel@hdins.com>, "Regina Daniel" <rldanielusa@yahoo.com>, "Yami Martinez" <yami@hdins.com>

I just wanted to update you guys on my mom. She is doing much better. She is eating and drinking 3 meals a day and sometimes snacks. She is still weak but now getting up and sitting in a recliner some during the day. The past 3 days she has gotten up and walked and yesterday we walked out on the porch at the home and sat for about 10 minutes. She seems to be improving daily and Lord have mercy, we know she is better because she has become very feisty. She wants to go home.

 

The bed is uncomfortable, which I said to her, then maybe it is time you get out of the bed, she did not like that comment very well. The food is not good, the TV does not work correctly. She ask me last night if I thought they would let her bring her California King bed there!?!?!  And the latest, my sister phoned me after lunch and said mom would not have it any other way until they brought her a cot into her room, which she thinks she is sleeping on tonight!!!! I told my sister she wasn't and she said I will let you tell her but don't tell her until you get there today!! I am going to get her a memory foam pad to put on her bed to see if that helps. The problem is, she keeps sliding down in the bed, which you know how hospital beds are, and her feet are touching the bottom of the bed and she does not like that.

 

I am not complaining about her complaining, I am glad she is feeling better, but I think I need your prayers for patience to deal with the situation more than ever now!!  I really think it is funny if you stop and think about it!!

 

Thanks again for all your prayers and encouragement.

 

Beth

No comments: