Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Praise Report from Victoria !!!


Victoria asked me to share this with the class.  God is so awesome !!!  Keep praying per her email.

-----------------------------------------------

Hi Lee,

I was going to wait until Sunday, but I don't think I should wait.  I need to give God the praise for answered prayers immediately.  I want to share this wonderful news with our Sunday School shepherd!

I know a lot of people have been praying for our oldest son Matthew for a long time.  Eddie and I do not take that for granted, we GREATLY appreciate those prayers.  I have prayed with a great expectancy of how God would honor those prayersmost of the time.  Unfortunately some of the time I wondered if God would answer at all and I grew weary of praying the same prayer over and over.  And then some saint would come along, like my dear husband Eddie, my stick-bud Laura Jo, our Pastor, Mary Griffin, Judy Puckett, Kendra, Dan and Connie, my Sunday School teachers and Sunday School class and remind me to "stand strong in my faith" and keep praying.  They would say that thing that sometimes we, His children, do not want to hear "God's timing is not the same as ours"  You see, when it is your child you want God to move quickly 

Eddie and I are so thankful for the prayers of all.  Monday, Matthew was over at the house with Zachy.  We were all watching everything that precious baby did and oohing and awing when Matt got up and started looking around at stacks of books we have laying around.  I asked him what he was looking for -  and knock me over with a feather - he said his Bible!  I had to suppress the urge to cry and shout halleluiah, but I did jump up and help him look.  We didn't find his own study Bible from the Gilmer Street days, but he left with his grandfathers Bible.  He said he wanted to look up some things for himself, we said that's good, that's good, get in there and look!

Please pray that God will lead him to where he needs to go in the Word.  Lee, this is so huge!  I asked for prayer for the opportunity to witness to him and God gave me that about 2 months ago.  Now this.  God's timing is everything and I am excited about what He will do next.

I am so grateful for everyone that encouraged me and I have learned something very important, I will be more faithful to do the same for other believers.

I wanted to share this praise report.

In Christ,

Victoria


No comments: